Stay up to date on Solvere Living's COVID-19 ProtocolsLearn More
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
July 1, 2021
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Issues New Mask Guidance
The CDC has issued new mask guidelines for people who have been fully vaccinated, indicating they could feel safe being unmasked indoors and outdoors. State and local governments and businesses have struggled with what this means for existing mask requirements.
- The CDC’s guidance only applies to fully vaccinated people, due to “breakthrough” reinfections being rare and usually mild.
- Fully vaccinated means it’s been at least two weeks since your final vaccine shot, to allow time for your antibodies to build up.
- This is NOT an indicator that mask mandates should be removed for everyone, especially in areas of higher rates of infection.
- Those not wearing masks are following the “honor system” indicating they are fully vaccinated.
- Healthcare facilities and certain other congregate settings (i.e., homeless shelters, public transportation) are still required to wear masks.
- Private businesses, state and local governments can also still choose to require masks.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear masks, practice social distancing, and take all other COVID safety measures.
Source: Pineda, Pauline “Do I still need to wear a mask? Here’s what the new CDC guidelines mean for you.” Arizona Republic, May 19, 2021 https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2021/05/19/new-cdc-mask-guidelines-answers-mask-wearing-arizona/5154553001/
Return to Family Resources